Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.leicesterartzone.org
Contact: Mr Mahendrakumar Patel
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Leicester Art Zone is a non-profit Social Enterprise Corporation that educates members on the principles, practices and philosophy of cooperation. This is done by providing art courses and same services for local people, elderly people, disabled people, school children, asylum seekers and refugees. Other activities include visits to local museums and art galleries in the East Midlands and other major cities i.e. London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Cardiff to introduce members to the world of art and extend their knowledge of European culture and art.
3. How do we process your personal data?
LAZ complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by: –
keeping personal data up to date;
by storing and destroying it securely;
by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure; and
by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes; to: –
Administer records necessary for business purposes including financial accounts, client
accounts, and client contact details.
Inform you of news, events, activities and services running at LAZ by email, phone or
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of you (the data subject) so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services;
• The processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with third parties where
this is necessary for the performance of the contract or to take steps before entering into a contract;
the third party is processing data for us as a service to LAZ; We have your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data as follows:
For contracts and accounts – we keep data for six years after the expiry of the contract or account.
For enquiries which don’t result in a contract or account – we keep data for two years after the final contact.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Leicester Art Zone holds for you.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.